Advanced Eye Testing Equipment
The Eye Health MD Clinic offers state of the art equipment, including:
• Optical Coherence Biometry (Zeiss IOL Master) for the most accurate intra-ocular lens implants calculation prior to cataract surgery, as well as conventional A-scan ultrasound.
• Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer for the evaluation of the patient’s peripheral vision with Glaucoma Progression Analysis (GPA).
• Ultrasound pachymetry for the measurement of corneal thickness. Indicated for certain corneal disease, refractive surgery, and glaucoma patients.
• Argon laser for macular and peripheral retinal photocoagulation
• YAG laser for peripheral iridotomies and capsulotomies.
• B-scan ultrasound provides a two-dimensional image of the eye. Used to locate and define lesions, foreign bodies, and retinal detachments.
• Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) used for diagnosing retinal pathology and analyzing the optic nerve (glaucoma). OCT depicts the thickness of cell layers using reflected light.
• Fluorescein angiography for use in identifying retinal vascular disorders such as in diabetes and macular degeneration.
• Corneal topography for evaluation of many corneal disorders, but especially useful in refractive surgery (preoperative and postoperative)
We are equipped to perform minor surgical procedures onsite including the evaluation and treatment of patients with active bleeding from wet macular degeneration by photodynamic therapy and intravitreal injections of Avastin and Lucentis.
Surgery Performed at Affiliated Hospitals
Cataract, cornea, glaucoma and retina surgery are performed at affiliated McGill University Hospitals nearby and scheduled by our staff. Several of our surgeons implant the specialized toric and multifocal intra-ocular lenses for cataract surgery patients.